When you have a computer with a recent model CPU, chances are it’s a dual-core CPU. Both Intel & AMD have been producing dual core CPU’s for a few years now. By default, Windows Vista will only use a single core during boot-up. You can easily change this from the System Configuration utility:
-1-In Vista’s Start Search type msconfig & hit the [Enter] key on your keyboard
-2-Once System Configuration has started, select the Boot tab and click the Advanced Options button
3. In the BOOT Advanced Options dialog, check the “Number of processors” check box, and choose 2 (or 4 if you have quad core) for the number of processors.
4. Click OK twice. Done and done.
Email short messages, reminders, phone numbers and other important stuff to any mobile phone that supports text (SMS) messaging. Check with your mobile carrier regarding the charges for text messaging under your plan, of course!
1. Create a new email message.
2. In the “To” text box, enter the cell phone number using the following syntax:
Here is a list of some major carrier domains:
Alltel – @message.alltel.com
Cingular/AT&T – @txt.att.net
Nextel – @messaging.nextel.com
Sprint – @messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-Mobile – @tmomail.net
VoiceStream – @voicestream.net
Verizon – @vtext.com
Virgin Mobile – @vmobl.com
3. Create a message of 160 characters or less. You can also attach a .jpg file, if the cell phone you are sending to supports images.
4. Send the email.
Befunky is an online app that can turns your photographs into interesting cartoons without requiring any software. It’s a one-click process and yet the output is impressive.
Just upload the image from your computer or capture one live using the webcam and the cartoon image is ready for download. You can either convert the picture into a black and white pencil sketch or a colored one.